As part of our commitment to Christian discipleship we offer believers baptism to all those who have declared that they have turned to God and placed their trust in Jesus Christ with the intention of living as Christian disciples.
Those being baptised are dipped or immersed in water in our baptistery pool. This is located under our stage and is opened up and filled with water on the day of baptism.
What’s the point?
· Jesus set us an example (Matthew 3:13-17; Mark 1:9-11; Luke 3:21-22)
· It pleases the Lord God (Matthew 3:17)
· Jesus commands us: In the Great Commission (Matthew 28:18-20)
· The early church practiced it (Acts 2:37-38; Acts 8:36-38)
· It is a great way to confess Jesus Christ publicly (Matthew 10:32)
· To identify with the Christ who died for us on the cross and the Christ who rose for us from the grave (Romans 6:3-4)
· To symbolically declare our submission to, and union with the Lord Jesus Christ (Romans 6:3-4)
· Normatively, baptism in the Holy Spirit follows water baptism. Normatively, this happens through the laying on of hands (Acts 2:38; Acts 8:15-17; 9:6; 9:17; Acts 19:1-6)
If you would like more information about baptism then please fill out your contact details on the reverse of one of our baptism slips which are available in the church and give it to our Minister or one of our Leadership Team so that we can contact you. Alternatively, please visit our ‘contact us’ page and get in touch with us.