Central Baptist Church Data Protection Information
At Central Baptist Church we take data protection extremely seriously. Our data protection policy can be viewed and downloaded here.
Cookies at Central Baptist Church
- The amount of visitors to our website over a period of time.
- The broad location of visitors to our website over a period of time.
- The time and date of visits to our website.
- The amount of time a visitor spends navigating our website.
- How visitors find and access our website.
- The pages visitors access on our website.
Central Baptist Church, Safe to Grow Policy Statement
Policy statement on children, young people, vulnerable adults and the church
This statement was agreed at the church meeting held on 29th September 2019. It will be read annually at the church meeting held in the spring where progress in carrying it out will be monitored.
· As members of this church, we commit ourselves to the nurturing, protection and safekeeping of all especially children and young people
· It is the responsibility of each one of us to prevent the physical, sexual and emotional abuse of children and young people, and to report any abuse discovered or suspected.
· We recognise that our work with children and young people is the responsibility of the whole church and is aimed at teaching them about Jesus Christ.
· We undertake to exercise proper care in the selection and appointment of those working with children and young people, whether paid or volunteer. We require Disclosure & Barring Service clearance. This requirement also applies to those who have other responsibilities which may put them in contact with children and young people at Central Baptist Church or activities or events arranged by this church.
· The church is committed to following the Home Office Code of Practice Safe from Harm and adopts the guidelines and procedures published by the Baptist Union of Great Britain in its booklet Safe to Grow.
· Each worker with children and young people must know the recommendations, and undertake to observe them. Each shall be given a copy of the church’s agreed procedures and Good Practice guidelines.
· As part of our commitment to children and young people, the church has appointed Desmond Frimpong to be their “Designated person for Safeguarding”. His role will be regularly explained to the children, and his e-mail address and phone number publicly displayed.
· We insist that groups hiring our premises take full responsibility for this. This child protection policy will be shared with room hirers and will form part of the conditions of hire. Room hirers will be given the opportunity to arrange discussion and consultation on these issues with our DPS if required.
· We will insist that we require a copy of DBS Check Certificates for all of those in charge of children to be held on file.
Children and young people are part of our church today. They have much to give as well as to receive. We will listen to them. As we nurture them in worship, learning and in community life, we will respect the wishes and feelings of children and young people.